Have you ever wondered why some people seem to have everything flow to them easily and with other people it’s like they are constantly trekking this uphill battle?
I’ve been an entrepreneur for over 10 years and have intensely studied successful people.
And outside of hard work – They all have similar mindset qualities and today we’re going to talk about the one mindset hack every successful Entrepreneur knows and practices daily. The one thing they have in common is….
…I know it does seem so simple, but I’m going to tell you today why it’s a lot harder than you think and most of us are doing just the opposite.
SUCCESSFUL ENTREPRENEUR MINDSET 1: PAY ATTENTION TO WHAT YOU’RE ATTRACTING
It’s the universal law that whatever you think you attract. You know that person in your life that seems to just GLOW.
They are always having fantastic things happening to them, they usually make good money, they have great relationships and everything seems to just be going really well for them all the time.
And on the opposite side of that spectrum, we also know the person in our life who is one step away from a disaster all the time.
Their car always breaks down, their constantly getting overcharged for things, they are always broke, and every time you talk to them there is a crazy story of some new unfair thing that happened. You’re always wondering…man, they just have bad luck.
That person? That car is breaking down always broken person who seems to always have a string of bad luck? That was me many years ago.
I’m not kidding. My house had been broken into multiple times, my car was always getting broken into if it wasn’t breaking down, my account was always going negative and I would spend hours of my week sitting on the phone with customer service agents who never wanted to give me a break.
I always had bad news, I was the queen of “Guess what happened to me?”
I’ll never forget the time I went to LA to visit my cousin and went into a used bookstore. Head down, I nervously headed to the self-help section (this is when it wasn’t cool) and one book stood out to me. It was Joel Olsteen’s “Your Best Life Now”.
I ate that book up. I highlighted everything, I NEEDED that book, and what I learned inside that book transformed me and my entire life.
- I learned that we attract what we think and when we change our thoughts, we change our reality.
- I learned that what we are grateful for, we attract more of.
- I learned to say thank you for everything that was good.
So my question is…what are YOU attracting?
THERE ONLY EVER EXISTS TWO TYPES OF THOUGHTS
Good or bad.
They can’t coexist.
You can’t have a thought that you hate how you are so broke but also have a thought simultaneously that is positive.
Successful people know this, so they work relentlessly at being grateful for what they have. They CHOOSE to have positive thoughts and they train themselves daily to reframe their negative thoughts.
It comes more naturally for humans to look at the negative of every scenario and people who are really successful know that, so they work at it daily.
Because honestly, if you had a choice (which you do) between a good thought and a bad thought…wouldn’t you choose good every time?
The problem is…we aren’t even aware of what we’re thinking most of the time.
FOCUS ON WHAT YOU’RE GRATEFUL FOR, AND SEE IT MULTIPLY
We are emitting frequencies around us 24/7 and if that feels woo-woo to you, think about how radio stations do the same and they change based on the station.
There’s nothing you can visibly see happening, yet you can change the station with the flick of your wrist.
Society, media, and other people have conditioned us to yearn for things and then complain when we don’t have them.
Have you ever met with some friends and asked how they are and their answer is “Busy! Tired!” or you meet with your girlfriends and you sit around and complain about tiny things your spouse does?
Go on social media and the people who have the most followers have lavish unrealistic lives that make us scroll forever and start complaining about our circumstances.
Most of us are constantly emitting negative frequencies, completely unaware of it.
Society has conditioned us to notice the things we’re doing wrong instead of the things we’re doing right.
Like attracts like and you need to operate on a different frequency. One that gives off how grateful you are for what you already have.
So how do you start to work on this today to change your situation?
- Notice your thoughts – Take one day to simply notice what you’re thinking & what you’re saying. It sounds simple but it isn’t, because if it was that simple we would already know all of our thoughts and we would have changed them.
- Choose what you’re surrounding yourself with – What are you consuming and what message are you getting from it? Are you watching the news, on Instagram, or Facebook? Who are the people you’re surrounding yourself with and what are they saying about themselves, the world, and you? The fact is, what you consume is what you internalize, and what you internalize is what you think. You get to choose and make a smart choice. Replace your consumption with good books, good people, meditation, and affirmations…start to train your mind to be grateful.
- Write it down – This is a really common thing we’ve all heard of. Everyone tells you to write down 3 things, but I want you to write down 10 things you’re grateful for. This is because 3 is too easy. It’s too easy to list “Family, health, God” and be done with it. But what you need to be doing is getting into the habit of stretching and searching for things to be thankful for, every single day.
This has been SO transformative not just for my businesses, but it’s transformed how I show up as a family member, a wife, a mother, and a friend. And I know, if applied this will absolutely change everything for you as well.
We’ve gone over the one thing every successful person does and I know you’re going to apply this to your life like…right now 😉
Remember nothing happens when we consume, the magic happens in the application.
If you would like to receive a list of affirmations and a guide on building your most profitable year, enter your email below and we’ll send it over to you.
Let me know in the comments, what part of this message resonated with you the most.
Check out our other blogs!